Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You Veterans!


My Dad, a veteran, passed away a little over a year ago. He served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years, from the latter parts of WWII, through Korea and into the early days of Vietnam. Today, I think of him, and all the great men and women who have served, and are serving, our country.


If you get a chance, thank a veteran today. Buy them a meal, make a contribution to a military support group, visit a memorial and take some time to reflect on the sacrifice paid for our freedom, and the responsibility we all share in maintaining it. Above is a picture of the Veteran's War Memorial in Lubbock, TX . There is a brick there in my Dad's honor. I hope the rest of my life honors his service. May we all be ready to pay any price for the freedom we so richly treasure.
Wolverine


No comments: